Contest Name: Webitect’s WordPress Theme Contest
Deadline: June 20th, 2009
1st Place: $100 via PayPal or 1yr. of free advertising on Webitect.net
2nd Place: $50 via PayPal or 6mo. of free advertising on Webitect.net
3rd Place: $25 via PayPal or a free domain name
All participants have the choice of their WordPress theme being featured on Webitect during and after the contest, and available for download. As a benefit, any theme is allowed to host a personal link to your own blog or website.
How to enter:
Create a WordPress theme with the above requirements in place, test it out, and place it in a zipped folder.
Email the attached zip folder to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject Line: WordPress Theme Contest
- Email Address
- PayPal Email Address
- Website URL (if applicable)
- Short autobiography to put by entry details (Optional)
- Short description of WordPress theme (Optional)
How to win:
Anybody can participate, all you need to do is create the most functional, best-looking, and eye-popping WordPress theme to win!
- All themes must be functional with the most recent version of WordPress (2.7)
- The sidebar should be widgetized. If youâ€™ve never done this, itâ€™s a lot easier than you think: See How Easy It Is To Widgetize WordPress Themes.
- Themes must be XHTML and CSS valid, with the exception of certain IE hacks or workarounds where itâ€™s more user-friendly for code to be slightly invalid.
- Theme logos, content, and style must be general enough to be downloaded for a large audience to use.
Voting will be held June 21st through the 28th. This will give contestants a little over a month to create a fantastic WordPress theme, and a week for voting.
Voting will be held through an anonomous poll. All themes will be available live on Webitect, and available for download. After voting is completed, the winners will be announced and all contestants will have the option of keeping their themes up in a permanent WordPress Themes category on Webitect.