Tag Archives: book
“Moms are people, too…fashionable people! Before we came along to yank on their skirts, they showed leg, sported killer bangs, and flaunted bikinis. Some even wore feathers and halter tops and drove around on motorcycles. Was their style shocking? Yes. Covetable? Absolutely. Based on Piper Weiss’s hugely popular blog of the same name, this book features 200 color photographs from decades past of moms showing us how it’s done. A perfect gift for mothers, daughters, and style mavens, My Mom, Style Icon is an entertaining celebration of the very first—and most important—style icon in a young woman’s life.”
If you’d like to win a copy of this book (right in time for Mother’s Day), here’s what you need to do:
1. Leave a comment on Style Blog , telling me what you love about your mom’s style
2. For extra entries, RT the following “@styleblogca I’d love to win a copy of “My Mom, Style Icon” #mymomstyleicon! http://styleblog.ca/?p=9746”
3. You don’t have to be a follower, but it’s always appreciated
4. This giveaway is open to everyone!
5. C’est tout
This giveaway closes on Sunday, May 1st at 11:59pm (EST). Good luck!
* Name of my site:Beauty and Personal Grooming
* Name of the item that I’m giving away : “Beautiful Skin Revealed’, a coffee table book worth around $60
* How to Enter: comment on the post, be an email subscriber, twitter, share or ‘like’ it on Facebook/Twitter, submit to any social bookmarking site, blog about the giveaway, follow blog publicly with Google Friend Connect or ‘like’ this blog’s Facebook page.
* How to win: A winner will be chosen randomly via random.org
* Deadline to enter: April 1, 2011
* US addresses or world-wide? :US only
* A live link to the contest/giveaway post :
Contest Name: Win an Autographed Set of “Girls Know How” books for Girls ages 9-12
Deadline: December 12, 2010
Prizes: Set of 3 autographed books in the Girls Know How series
How to enter: Leave a comment on the contest post and explain who you think a good role model for girls ages 9-12 would be and why!
How to win: One winner will be chosen randomly from the submissions on Monday, December 13, 2010